8 Reasons You Should(n't) Quit
2. It’s hard. But so are other things in your life like raising a family and keeping your career on track. Nothing comes easy and golf is no exception. You won’t accept failure in other aspects of your life. Why golf? Accept the game as a personal challenge.
3. It’s expensive. Yes, the top courses cost top dollar, but prices are trending down. Plus, there are always economical courses, mostly municipals, which have improved their level of conditioning and service, recognizing they, too, now need to be consumer-friendly.
4. You’re probably never going to win that club championship.
5. Quitting may take more effort than getting better. Breaking an addiction is never easy, so you’ll probably end up back on the course anyway.
6. You have a couple grand invested in golf shirts and shoes and not that much opportunity to wear them away from the course.
7. You’ll be able to learn those last few lines of “Caddyshack” that you don’t quite have memorized.
8. Your friends hang out at the course, and maybe that shankapotomas title isn’t so bad after all.